ASP Policies & Procedures
Tritt ES is pleased to offer an After School Program (ASP) to its enrolled students. We plan to provide a fun, safe environment for your child in the program during the school year. Please read these items carefully.
1. Every child attending ASP must have a current ASP Registration Form on file at our school. Registration forms are available at the ASP Desk or Front Office.
ASP is a prepaid program. The cost per day is $7.00 per child with a non-refundable annual registration fee of $10.00 per child. Enclose all ASP payments (cash or check) in the ASP payment envelope.
2. If your account is in the negative, your child may not attend the After School Program until payment is received in full. Failure to pay within this time will result in your child being suspended or withdrawn from ASP.
3. Daily Hours are from dismissal until 6:00 (during all school days).
Students must be picked up by 6:00 p.m. to avoid being charged a late fee. If you are running late, we would appreciate a courtesy phone call to the ASP Desk at (770) 642-5637. We will also call after 6:00 to be sure you are aware your child needs to be picked up. The late fee is $1.00 per minute/per child and is determined by the school clock. Three late pickups may result in suspension from the ASP program.
4. All ASP students marked as present at roll call will be charged an attendance fee. Any student registered in a FAST class must be registered in ASP – If you do not use ASP you may request a refund at the end of the school year.
5. If a student checks into ASP to attend a FAST class they will be charged the daily rate of $7.00 regardless of whether they remain in ASP after the FAST class.
6. All Cobb County School District policies in the student handbook apply to ASP and must also be followed.
7. Your child must be signed out at the ASP desk every day.
8. Anytime there is a change in your child’s ASP attendance, written notification is required stating the changes. ONLY people designated on the registration form will be allowed to pick up your child – they must have ID.
9. If the school closes because of inclement weather or any other reason, ASP will close.
10. ASP is a privilege and each child is expected to behave properly.
11. Inappropriate behavior may result in ASP suspension or withdrawal for your child.
12. A 45 minute homework time is provided for grades 2-5 Monday-Thursday, and the ASP staff is capable of helping students with their homework if they are asked. If your child does not have homework they will be expected to read during this time. Electronic devices cannot be used in the ASP program unless there has been prior notice from the teacher communicated with the program. This is a safety protocol for our students.
13. Snack is provided for ASP daily. If you would like to provide snack for your child, please have a prior communication with the directors as the snack will have to follow the ASP guidelines given by the district.
Our After School Program is available every day (even Early Release Days!) that school is in session from dismissal until 6:00 pm.
There is an annual $10 registration fee and then $7 per day tuition.
Please remember that the only transportation change we can take over the phone is to keep your child in ASP.
Due to the posibility of unexpected events, we request that every child register for ASP.
Keep up with current news on the ASP Blog.